Program Coordinator-Supervisor Sexual Health, Streetwork - Uptown
Streetwork Project is an innovative outreach-counseling program for homeless youth in Manhattan, which utilizes a harm reduction approach. Services include counseling, HIV prevention case management, peer education and outreach, drop-in center, support groups, needle exchange, acupuncture, mental health services, legal and medical care. The HIV Prevention & Sexual Health component oversees the HIV prevention and sexual health programming expands our harm reduction health education services, focused on the reproductive and family planning needs and services, HIV prevention, and HIV testing, including overall sexual health to our program participants.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
- Recruit and intake participants for peer intervention;
- Perform street and community outreach;
- Engage in community organizing activities/events pertaining to adolescent sexual health and behavioral issues;
- Implement behavioral health HIV prevention intervention, “Be Proud! Be Responsible!” and Community PROMISE;
- Facilitate weekly groups;
- Conduct and collect evaluation measures with program participants;
- Facilitate other weekly HIV and STI prevention, wellness, and sexual health activities;
- Provide drop-in counseling on pregnancy prevention, reproductive health, and sexual health issues;
- Develop and update HIV & STI prevention and health education messages, posters, materials, and curricula for the program;
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director on all HIV prevention program needs and services;
- Assist in the preparation of stats and reports;
- Maintain intervention participants charts, including all necessary individual and group stats documentation of program services;
- Supervise HIV prevention and sexual health staff;
- Attend staff meetings, supervisions, trainings, conferences and staff group process workshops;
- Provide HIV Rapid Testing on-site;
- Perform other related tasks.
- HIV Prevention Specialist
- HIV Services Specialist
- Experience with GLBTQ, homeless and street-involved youth populations required;
- Group work experience required;
- Experience with supervising or managing staff, and/or providing program leadership;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with direct service to similar populations;
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working with homeless youth required, or at least 2 years of experience working at Streetwork and in good standing;
- 1-2 years experience supervising or managing staff.
- Knowledge of Effective Behavioral Interventions (EBIs), harm reduction, HIV/AIDS and STI, youth development, and program evaluation preferred;
- Spanish-speaking skills are preferred;
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf