Clinical Forensic Specialist - CAC, Bronx
Work as a member of a dynamic CAC multidisciplinary team to provide child victims of sexual abuse and severe physical abuse and their impacted family members with an array of specialized, trauma-informed services including an orientation to the CAC, participating in the forensic interview process, providing on-site mental health services including child trauma screenings, the Child & Family Traumatic Stress Intervention and the provision of victim support & advocacy services.
Nuestros Child Advocacy Centers (CAC), se encarga de coordinar la investigación, enjuiciamiento y tratamiento para niños víctimas de abuso sexual y abuso físicamente severo. En cada CAC, Safe Horizon trabaja en colaboración con en el Departamento de Policía de la Ciudad de Nueva York, Administración de Servicios para niños, la fiscalía de distrito local, Corporation Counsel y proveedores médicos locales para asegurar que los servicios comiencen tan pronto cuando la víctima pase por las puertas de nuestro CACs.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
- Participate in the forensic interview process through assuming a lead interviewing role or observing the interview of the child, coordinating services with the team members
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the child and the non-offending family members to determine the impact of the trauma on the child’s functioning, and the need for additional services for the child and family.
- Provide trauma focused intervention and client-centered victim advocacy and support to the child, siblings and non-offending parent(s) in the process of making effective referrals and linkages to trauma-focused mental health treatment and other services when warranted.
- Actively participate in case planning and case review meetings to inform the investigation, and coordinate interventions and response to child victims and impacted family members.
- Enter accurate case files and maintain case data in the CAC NCATrak case tracking system for every service provided to clients in a timely manner, from the opening to the closing of a case.
- Conduct psycho-educational workshops for non-offending parents.
- Participate in weekly supervision, group supervision and on-going trainings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required (unless you are less than 3-6 months from fulfilling graduate school completion requirements) or a Master’s Degree in a related mental health field considered. Clinical licensure preferred.
- Expertise in Forensic Interviewing or willingness to acquire this specialized skill required.
- Excellent communication, engagement, interviewing, crisis intervention and assessment skills needed.
- Ability to work and thrive as a member of a multidisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment, appreciating different points of view and ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner required.
- We welcome LMHC (licensed mental health counselors) in addition to social workers.
- Strong written and communication skills needed. Bi-Lingual Arabic,Bengali,Urdu or Spanish preferred.
The Safe Horizon CACs are nationally accredited!
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply